How to Clean and Sanitize Your Warehouse
Irregular maintenance can also impact daily workflow, leaving you with less productive workers and a dirty facility. Having a clean space to work helps boost productivity, keeps employees safe, and can lead to higher job satisfaction across the board. Make sure that your employees know how to efficientlyclean and sanitize their workspaceor rely on cleaning experts who can do the cleaning for you. They will be able to address your unique needs with the know-how needed for your specific industry.
消毒和Disi之间的区别是什么nfecting a Warehouse?
These terms are often used interchangeably, and it’s true—they are similar in theory. However, there is adifference between sanitizing and disinfectingthat anyone responsible for warehouse cleaning should know.
What is Sanitization?
Sanitizingkills bacteria on surfaces通过在EPA注册的产品中使用化学品。他们不是意图to kill viruses¹. Sanitation is less thorough than disinfecting, but it kills bacteria quickly. It’s more commonly used in the food industry, due to the FDA instilling requirements that all food-contact surfaces must be sanitized after use. Remember, it’s considered to be more of a quick-fix solution that will kill bacteria quickly when used as a regular part of your cleaning routine.
What is Disinfection?
消毒剂在表面上杀死病毒和细菌通过使用化学物质的产品已经registered by the EPA¹. For those who don’t work at a healthcare-related business, like a warehouse, disinfectants may be used to work in tandem with cleaning and sanitizing to kill unwanted germs that can spread to people and products.
Clean Warehouse Sanitation Checklist
- Sweep and mop the warehouse floor.
- Wipe down all heavily trafficked areas like countertops, machinery, and doorknobs
- Clean breakroom refrigerators and throw away expired or uneaten food.
- Check for leaks, mold, and mildew.
- Wipe down windows and dust/clean blinds.
- Clean under units and shelving.
- Power wash walkways, steps, and landing docs.
Tips to Keep Your Warehouse Clean
Aside from a checklist, there are other tips you can follow to tidy up the warehouse:
- Have a plan。Don’t let cleaning hinder the productivity of a warehouse and add it into the workflow instead. Cleaning without a plan will not address the unique cleaning needs of your warehouse and may give you a false sense of confidence that your property is clean. Knowing what areas to clean and how to do so is key.
- Make sure cleaning supplies are always stocked。Even if yououtsource the deep cleaning to the professionals, cleaning supplies like sanitizers, mops, brooms, etc., should always be available. This will be helpful to clean up manageable messes as they happen.
- Have your employees be responsible for their “areas.”Assigning areas for employees to clean can help everyone stay accountable. Give them a list to check off their cleaning tasks, along with a spot to initial and date/time. For example, if your employee uses two types of heavy equipment throughout the day, have them be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the machines.
- 确保员工应在报告问题时知道。All warehouse workers should know when and who to go for when there are spills, hazards, and other conditions that need to be reported immediately. If hazardous messes aren’t taken care of immediately, it can cause potential health issues for workers, affected products and eventually a loss in revenue.
Warehouse Cleaning Can Keep You, Your Employees, and Customers Safe
Often, it’s best to leave the deep cleaning and sanitizing to the专业仓库清洁服务。如果您觉得您未正确地处理您的工业设施的大型东西，请考虑外包，可以将所有内容保持在标准的商业清洁服务。万博manbetx户端找到ServiceMaster Clean locationnear you to help with all your warehouse cleaning needs.